Malaysia’s climate is categorised as equatorial, being hot and humid throughout the year.
But the inter-monsoon period during March each year may cause the weather to be unpredictable, and sea condition may be rough in the late afternoon.
Therefore, we hope that you can refer to our travel guidelines before planning your holiday for the month of March
The Perhentian Islands lie approximately 10 nautical miles (19 km) off the northeastern coast of West Malaysia in the state of Terengganu. The two main islands are Perhentian Besar (“Big Island”) and Perhentian Kecil (“Small Island”). The small, uninhabited islands of Susu Dara (Virgin Milk), Serengeh and Rawa lie off Kecil.
Like Besut, people here generally speak Kelantanese Malay, however English is widely spoken and understood to accommodate the growing tourism market. The Perhentian Islands have become a popular travel destination for families and backpackers alike due to the many lodging options that accommodate almost any budget.
Kuala Besut Jetty is located in the state of Terengganu. The nearest airport is Kota Bharu Airport (Sultan Ismail Petra) in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2), or Subang Airport, take the domestic flight to Kota Bharu Airport (KBR).
The flight time from Kuala Lumpur is approximately 45 minutes. For guests from Singapore, Malaysia Airlines provides connecting flights via Singapore to Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) and transit flight to Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) or Kuala Terengganu Airport (TGG).
Airasia provide direct flights from Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Singapore. Where as, Firefly provide direct flight from Johor Bahru, Penang and Subang. Malindo Air also provide direct flights from Penang and Subang.
Please take note that the land transfer to Kuala Besut takes about 1 hour. The boat transfer to Arwana Resort takes about 35 minutes. Please book your flight journey according to the boat schedule.
Via Coach/Train Express bus
Via Coach/Train Express bus services depart daily from Kuala Lumpur (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan – 8 hrs), Penang (6 hrs), Singapore (10 hrs), and Johor Bharu (9 hrs) to Jerteh. The journey from Jerteh to Kuala Besut Jetty take about 30 minutes. Overnight coach depart around 9 pm daily. Kindly confirm the departure time with the bus company.
Taxis and Minibus departing from Cameron Highlands or Taman Negara normally arrives at Kuala Besut Jetty around 4:00pm. Speedboats will only operate depending on the weather condition.
Overnight train with sleeping berths are available from Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bharu, Singapore, and Taman Negara to Kelantan. The recommended disembarking point is at Tanah Merah. And, followed by another 45 minutes of land transfer to Kuala Besut Jetty. Overnight coach or train will arrive at Tanah Merah Train Station or Jerteh Bus Station early morning, giving sufficient time for passengers to depart on the boat at 10:30 a.m.
We also provide “Meet & Greet” services from Kota Bharu Airport, Kuala Terengganu Airport, Jerteh Bus Terminal, and Tanah Merah Train Station to Kuala Besut Jetty. However, taxi and limousine services are easily available from each location to Kuala Besut Jetty
For those who travel by car, parking is available at Kuala Besut Jetty.
Perhentian Island Boat Schedule
Kuala Besut Jetty to Arwana Perhentian island
From Arwana Resort to Kuala Besut Jetty
For more information please contact Kuala Besut Travel (KBT) Office Pn. Rosnani : +6019 – 9344 948
Important Note :
* Please be reminded that the last boat to Arwana Resort is at 4.30pm.
* The boat transfer is subjected to weather conditions. The hotel is not liable for compensation due to weather changes.
* Please register at our Kuala Besut Travel office 30 minutes before boat departure to collect boat ticket and Marine Park registration.
* For guest traveling on March, it is advisable to book earliest flight to Kota Bharu Airport(KBR) due to unpredictable weather and sea condition in the late afternoon.
* Please make sure your sea transfer to Perhentian Island uses the official Jetty at Kuala Besut.
* All travel times can be changes at short notice. Subject to weather condition and availability.
* To avoid inconvenience, please arrange your land and sea transfer travel times directly with the Resort.
* We would advise foreign guests to change into local currency ( Ringgit Malaysia ) before arriving at Kota Bahru Airport.
* For ease of convenience and comfort ,we encourage guests to pre book Kota Bahru airport pick up by our Land Transportation Agent. Call us @ +09 752 8188 or +09 7780 888